Tuesday, January 9, 2007

Late to the party

Ok, so I was kind of blog-obsessed for a while, mostly out of disgust with mainstream media and news/opinions, and partly as a procrastination tool. I found some great political and news sources out there, and along the way I discovered the blog, the anonymous rantings of some lone individual. Now, like most people, I really couldn't give a rats ass about the thoughts of some wacko I don't even know. But I discovered that there are some really smart bloggers out there, fantastic writers some, who actually have something interesting to say on a very regular basis. I don't expect to join their ranks, but I'm grateful for their inspiration.

The rest of my blog obsession was really excitement about the discovery of a new way to procrastinate. Lately, I have really been working too hard and not finding new joys of procrastination, so maybe starting a blog will bring some joy back to avoiding noxious tasks.

I was inspired by the 365 project, and started this blog with the intention of starting both the Yo!blog and the 365 at the same time, but really, who am I kidding? So I'll make this a bit of a single young academic blog and a bit of a photojournal. If can actually have any consistent voice (and posting discipline) maybe 2008 can be the year of my 365. Here goes something, I hope.

No comments: